COVID-19 TRADING UPDATE - PHASED BRANCH REOPENING 20.04.20
The lockdown has now been confirmed for a number of weeks and due to the vital role it plays in the UK economy, the construction industry is set to continue to work through the crisis. We have been working closely with the Government to understand the role of the construction industry and in turn the role that they want us to take, whilst keeping close to our customers to understand their plans and how they intend to work on their projects.
With the Governments and the Construction Leadership Councils (CLC) guidance, construction being so vital to the economic stability of the country and our customers need for us to trade to support their businesses - now is the time for us to do more as a business. With all of the appropriate safety and well-being measures in place, we must now provide support to our loyal customers and the wider industry at this crucial time by a phased opening of a larger part of our network. It is time to play our part in getting Britain building.
From the 20th April we will begin a phased reopening of branches across our network, openings will be staggered over the coming weeks - with the welfare and safety of our colleagues and anyone that comes into contact with our business as our number one priority.
- Colleague and customer safely and well-being is ours, and must be everyone's priority, at all times
- We will only open branches where we can achieve full social distancing, safety and hygiene measures
- Only colleagues that volunteer to return to work be asked to and no vulnerable or at risk colleagues will be allowed to return
- Branch shop and office areas will remain closed to customers and visitors at all times
- Access to site will only be granted to those with a prearrange time slot
- We will services account customers (trade) only
- We will be extending our services beyond essential repairs and maintenance works for critical sectors - however these orders will need to be prioritised
WHAT WE ASK OF YOU
- For your understanding and patience at this time. We may not be able to offer our normal speed of service (for example: next day delivery), as our branches will have a limited number of colleagues working in them to ensure that they are kept safe and are socially distancing at all times. There may also be times when we have to prioritise supply to the most critical essential projects directly linked to supporting the fight against Covid-19.
- Customers should not come into contact with our colleagues if they have Covid-19, any symptoms or have been in contact with anyone that has
- We must ask customers to at all times to adhere our social distancing and safety measures - if these measures are not met we will have to cease interaction with you
- Accounts are to be settled by BACS (no cash payments)
WHAT WE COMMIT TO
- Customers will be offered the choice of delivered or a call and collect service
- Call and collect customers will be provided a set time slot to collect their order - for full details of this process please click here
- Supply products in the safest way possible, at times this will mean some products will only be available in full pallet quantities to reduce manual handling
- Empowering our drivers to make the decision about whether they feel it is safe to complete a delivery or not. If they don’t feel comfortable about any aspect of an offload they can return to their vehicle and leave the site safely. For full details of our delivery process please click here
- Prioritise our customers needs on a local basis, as our local branch colleagues best know the needs of our customers
- Tool hire - we are finalising safety measures over the coming days with regard to our Tool hire operation and further details will be shared shortly
As our branches begin to reopen our regions will be taking a phased approach to opening dates and services provided - this may vary by region with decisions being made locally based on colleague safety and customer needs.
For the latest details of our open branches, their opening hours and the services they can provide please click here.
We thank our customers in advance for their loyalty, patience and understanding as we being our phased reopening and do what we can to support them so that they can trade and protect themselves and their businesses - as we all play our part in getting Britain building.
Click here to see our COVID-19 Safe Ways of Working.