A standout example of this is Keyline’s partnership with Polypipe Civils and Green Urbanisation. As the UK’s largest civils merchant, Keyline supplies a large percentage of the UK’s water management solutions, it was crucial that our key supplier in this area, Polypipe, could support our supplier commitments. Creating sustainable legacies is a fundamental part of their approach in supplying water management, cable management and green asset solutions.
Ways of working to ensure we achieved our supplier commitments included:
- Rationalisation of supply chain
- Inclusion in core range stocked in every branch
- Competitive pricing structure
- Product range selection to meet specification demand
- Joint tenders for large road schemes and civils projects
- Providing valued engineering solution to clients
- Health and safety partnership - sharing best practice and quarterly reviews
- Colleague training is regularly undertaken at Horncastle to see how products are recycled, learn more about the reuse of single-use plastics and how Polypipe turns them into sustainable polymer products.
In choosing Polypipe as a key supplier:
- 82.45% of Polypipe’s product supplied to Keyline was produced from recycled material (9,293 tonnes out of 11,271 tonnes)
- Recycled HDPE PPP accounted for 5,938.37 (52%) tonnes, with recycling others accounting for 3,3543.63 (30%) of total products supplied
- This resulted in Polypipe recycling 131,962,504 HDPE bottles in 2019 (based on an average weight of a 4pt milk bottle).